Dr. Brett Grebing is a fellowship-trained, board-certified orthopedic surgeon. He earned his medical degree from George Washington University School of Medicine and completed a general surgery internship and residency in orthopedic surgery at Saint Louis University Health Sciences Center. He completed fellowship training in foot and ankle surgery at the Idaho Foot and Ankle Fellowship Program in Boise, Idaho. He received his board certification through the American Board of Orthopedic Surgery.
His practice focuses on adolescent and adult foot and ankle disorders, including arthritis, degeneration conditions, trauma, forefoot deformities, neuromuscular conditions and sports injuries. His interests include forefoot deformity and adult hallux valgus deformity. In addition to foot and ankle, Dr. Grebing’s practice includes general orthopedics, sports medicine and fracture care.
Dr. Grebing is a member of the following organizations:
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- American Orthopaedic Foot and Ankle Society
- Mid-America Orthopaedic Association
- Illinois State Orthopaedic Society
- Missouri State Orthopaedic Association
Publications & Presentations:
Dr. Grebing has published several articles and book chapters on foot and ankle disorders. Outside of clinical practice he continues to conduct research in the treatment of foot and ankle disorders.
- Comparison of Radiographic and Anatomic Distal Metatarsal Articular Angle in Cadaver Feet.Jastifer, J. R.,Coughlin, M. J.,Schutt, S.,Hirose, C.,Kennedy, M.,Grebing, B.,Smith, B.,Cooper, T.,Golano, P.,Viladot, R.,Doty, J. F.; Foot Ankle Int. 2014 Feb 14.
- First Metatarsocuneiform Joint Mobility: Radiographic, Anatomic, and Clinical Characteristics of the Articular Surface.Doty, J. F.,Coughlin, M. J.,Hirose, C.,Stevens, F.,Schutt, S.,Kennedy, M.,Grebing, B.,Smith, B.,Cooper, T.,Golanó, P.,Viladot, R.,Remington, R.; Foot Ankle Int. 2014 Feb 25.
- Articular Chondral Damage of the First Metatarsal Head and Sesamoids: Analysis of Cadaver Hallux Valgus.Doty, J. F.,Coughlin, M. J.,Schutt, S.,Hirose, C.,Kennedy, M.,Grebing, B.,Smith, B.,Cooper, T.,Golano, P.,Viladot, R.,Remington, R.; Foot Ankle Int. 2013 Aug.
- The validity and reliability of the Klaue device.Jones, C.P., Coughlin, M.J., Pierce-Villadot, R., Golano, P., Kennedy, M.P., Shurnas, P.S., Grebing, B.R., Teachout, L.; Foot Ankle Int. 2005 Nov.
- A comparison of device measures of dorsal first ray mobility.Glasoe, W.M., Grebing, B.R., Beck, S., Coughlin, M.J., Saltzman, C.L.; Foot Ankle Int. 2005 Nov.
- Arthrodesis of the first metatarsophalangeal joint for idiopathic hallux valgus: intermediate results.Coughlin, M.J., Grebing, B.R., Jones, C.P.; Foot Ankle Int. 2005 Oct.
- First metatarsophalangeal joint motion after hallux valgus correction: a cadaver study.Jones, C. P., Coughlin, M. J., Grebing, B. R., Kennedy, M. P., Shurnas, P. S., Viladot, R., Golanó, P.; Foot Ankle Int. 2005 Aug.
- Hallux valgus and first ray mobility: a cadaveric study.Coughlin, M. J., Jones, C. P., Viladot, R., Glanó, P., Grebing, B. R., Kennedy, M. J., Shurnas, P. S., Alvarez, F.; Foot Ankle Int. 2004 Aug.
- Evaluation of Morton’s theory of second metatarsal hypertrophy.Grebing, B.R., Coughlin, M.J.; J Bone Joint Surg Am. 2004 Jul.
- The effect of ankle position on the exam for first ray mobility.Grebing, B.R., Coughlin, M.J.; Foot Ankle Int. 2004 Jul.
- Evaluation of the Esmark bandage as a tourniquet for forefoot surgery.Grebing, B.R., Coughlin, M.J.; Foot Ankle Int. 2004 Jun.
- Comprehensive reconstruction of the lateral ankle for chronic instability using a free gracilis graft.Coughlin, M.J., Schenck, R.C., Grebing, B.R., Treme, G.; Foot Ankle Int. 2004 Apr.
- Liver injuries and two-point shoulder restraints: case report and discussion.Jolly, B. T., Grebing, B.; J Trauma. 1997 Jun.