Total Joint Replacement Specialist
Dr. Paulo Bicalho, a board-certified and fellowship-trained orthopedic surgeon, practices general orthopedic surgery with a specialty in hip, knee and shoulder reconstructive surgery as well as sports-related injuries and minimally invasive surgery.
Dr. Bicalho received his medical degree from The Chicago Medical School. His internship was performed at Hennepin County Medical Center in Minneapolis, MN. He completed his orthopedic surgery residency at Saint Louis University Hospital. Dr. Bicalho did a clinical research fellowship in Total Joint Reconstruction at The Rothman Institute/Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, PA. He performed his fellowship in Joint Replacement Surgery at the Missouri Bone and Joint Center / Barnes Jewish West County Hospital.
Following his orthopedic surgery training, Dr. Bicalho was an instructor at St. Louis Hospital Department of Orthopedic Surgery where he assisted in the training of orthopedic surgery residents. He is board certified in orthopedic surgery through The American Board of Physician Specialties in Orthopedic Surgery.
He has also spoken on multiple occasions at orthopedic meetings both nationally and internationally on joint replacement surgery. Dr. Bicalho has served on multiple committees at Anderson Hospital including Surgery Committee and the Emergency Medicine Department committee. He is also fluent in Portuguese and Spanish.
Dr. Bicalho is a member of the following organizations:
- Missouri State Medical Association
- American Medical Association
- American Board of Physician Specialties
- Southern Illinois Medical Association
- Missouri State Orthopaedic Association
- International Society of Arthroscopy Knee Surgery and Orthopaedic Sports Medicine (ISAKOS)
- American College of Sports Medicine
- St. Louis Orthopedic Society
“Dr. Bicalho and all of his staff are so friendly and welcoming. I always feel like part of their family when I’m there. I would recommend him to anyone and everyone looking for an orthopedic surgeon. He takes the time to answer all questions and puts me at ease.”
Dr. Bicalho has published several articles in well known orthopedic journals on the subject of joint replacement surgery.
- Radiologic and histologic analysis of morselized allograft in revision total knee replacement.Whiteside, L. A., Bicalho, P. S.; Clin Orthop Relat Res. 1998 Dec.
- Comparison of cemented and cementless total hip arthroplasty in patients with bilateral hip arthroplasties.Hearn, S. L., Bicalho, P. S., Eng, K., Booth, R. E., Hozack, W. J., Rothman, R. H.; J Arthroplasty. 1995 Oct.
- Treatment of femoral osteolysis with cementless total hip revision.Hozack, W. J., Bicalho, P. S., Eng, K.; J Arthroplasty. 1996 Sep.
- Treatment of early symptomatic pulmonary embolism after total joint arthroplasty.Bicalho, P. S., Hozack, W. J., Rothman, R. H., Eng, K.; J Arthroplasty. 1996 Aug.
You must be logged in to post a comment.